Widgets

 

 

1     Home Gallery (Login/Noticeboard.  Redundant?)

2     Home About (About Winchcombe.  Redundant?)

7     Home Grid Footer (Old footer links.  Redundant?  )

32   Notices  (Notices appearing on Notices page central column) AND Writeups in Sidebar B???

33   Administration    (brings up Rogues Gallery)

34   Committee (Text box: “Interested in joining?”)

Committee meeting 17 July 2018

MINUTES of a meeting of the Committee held at 5 Kenulf Road, on Tuesday 17th July 2018

PRESENT Mike Hill (Chairman), Rex Butler, Paul Clark, Andrew Cordery, Geoff Cove, John Hayter, John Mackelworth, Tony Mason (Secretary), Brian Parry, Harry Thierens, John Williams

APOLOGIES Roy Loudon

1. MINUTES
The minutes of the committee meeting held on 13th February 2018 were approved and signed as a true record.

2. MATTERS ARISING
None.

3. OFFICER’S REPORTS
Chairman. Mike confirmed that the Prescott Club House had been booked for the Annual Lunch on 11 January 2019. He has paid a deposit for an entertainer but was not giving details.

Vice Chairman. Good Friday in 2019 is a scheduled meeting date but, in accordance with Club practice, there will not be a meeting that day.

St George’s Day, 23rd April 2019 is the day after Easter Monday and Paul proposed that the Club do something different. Paul will enquire about having a lunch at the Corner Cupboard on Trafalgar Day, 21st October 2019.

Paul initiated a discussion on succession planning for nomination 2019 Vice Chairman. This should be someone with experience of being on the committee and Harry agreed to stand. A new Events Secretary will be needed and newer Club members encouraged to join the committee.

Treasurer. The average speaker cost this year is £47. John had done a projection of income and costs for 2019 and concluded that there would be a budget shortfall based on current membership and subscription levels. Subscription has not been increased for several years and an increase of probably £1 (to £26) will be proposed at the AGM in 2019.

Programme Secretary. Speakers have been booked to end June 2019. The speaker booked for the next meeting (29th July) has had to cancel but a replacement has been organised.

Lent lunches will again be in the Methodist Hall in 2019 (8th March to 12th April inclusive) but the speakers who have been booked for this period will probably need blackout so the Methodist Church is not really suitable.

Events Secretary. The trip to Clearwell Caves has been cancelled because, although initial interest was high, people had dropped out for a variety of reasons. The Waverley cruise has 44 people but Harry would like another person to make the 45 originally booked. Sailing is quite early but food is available on board for lunch.

Harry is looking to arrange a visit later in the year, possibly Wedgwood.

Speakers & Equipment Steward. Everything OK. John M has the club projector and Harry has the reserve machine. The whereabouts of the projector that Andrew loaned the club is unknown.

Meeting Steward. No report.

Room Steward. The rota for setting is working well. Geoff said he will do 1 more year in post.

Welfare Officer. John continues to keep in touch with several members who are unwell or infirm.

Walks Co-ordinator. 40 people have booked accommodation in Hay-on-Wye for the mid-week break in October. The recce party for the walk on the Wednesday will go to Hay on Monday.

The next walk is 25th July from the Royal Oak in Andoversford.

Webmaster. The cost of the website is £100 which is considered good value.

Secretary. Nothing to report.

4. DRESS CODE

It was noted that some potential new members had been deterred by the fact the current dress code is jacket and tie. It was agreed that when the summer relaxation (Chairman’s discretion) ends, the dress code for the remainder of the year will “smart casual, jacket preferred, tie optional” and a vote will be taken at the AGM on this.

5. VENUE FOR MEETINGS

The Working Mens Club was OK but could have been better. Requests for a hearing loop and a large drop screen had been made but were rejected by the WMC. More chairs instead of tables facing the speaker would have improved the venue.

It was decided to continue with meetings in the Methodist Hall although meetings during Lent 2019 may be in the WMC. Subsequent enquiry found WMC politely declined to host the Club again.

6. DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY NOTICE

Most members have consented to continued contact from the Club under GDPR. Those that have not are either very poorly or infrequent attendees. They will still receive contact from the Club until such time as they request otherwise.

7. CORRESPONDENCE The bookings officer for the Methodist Hall is now Linda Maggs, 15 Delavale Road, tel. 603330

8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
The impact on our Club of the Mercia Club change to Friday meetings is not known. Mike will try and arrange a joint event with Mercia although invitations to join our outings had not seen any take up.

The Duty First Aider on the rota for the last meeting was not present. Programme Secretary will in future advise the name of the Duty First Aider to the Chairman prior to meetings.

9. DONM 9 October 2018
At 10.30 am at 5 Kenulf Road.

Approved and adopted as a true and correct record

Chairman………………………………… Date ………..

Read more

Minutes of Committee Meeting 17th July 2018

MINUTES of a meeting of the Committee held at 5 Kenulf Road, on Tuesday 17th July 2018

PRESENT
Mike Hill (Chairman), Rex Butler, Paul Clark, Andrew Cordery, Geoff Cove, John Hayter, John Mackelworth, Tony Mason (Secretary), Brian Parry, Harry Thierens, John Williams

APOLOGIES
Roy Loudon

1. MINUTES
The minutes of the committee meeting held on 13th February 2018 were approved and signed as a true record.

2. MATTERS ARISING
None. 
3. OFFICER’S REPORTS

 a.       Chairman.  Mike confirmed that the Prescott Club House had been booked for the Annual Lunch on 11 January 2019. He has paid a deposit for an entertainer but was not giving details.

b.      Vice Chairman.  Good Friday in 2019 is a scheduled meeting date but, in accordance with Club practice, there will not be a meeting that day.

St George’s Day, 23rd April 2019 is the day after Easter Monday and Paul proposed that the Club do something different. Paul will enquire about having a lunch at the Corner Cupboard on Trafalgar Day, 21st October 2019.

Paul initiated a discussion on succession planning for nomination 2019 Vice Chairman. This should be someone with experience of being on the committee and Harry agreed to stand. A new Events Secretary will be needed and newer Club members encouraged to join the committee.

c.       Treasurer.  The average speaker cost this year is £47. John had done a projection of income and costs for 2019 and concluded that there would be a budget shortfall based on current membership and subscription levels. Subscription has not been increased for several years and an increase of probably £1 (to £26) will be proposed at the AGM in 2019.

d.      Programme Secretary.  Speakers have been booked to end June 2019. The speaker booked for the next meeting (29th July) has had to cancel but a replacement has been organised.

Lent lunches will again be in the Methodist Hall in 2019 (8th March to 12th April inclusive) but the speakers who have been booked for this period will probably need blackout so the Methodist Church is not really suitable.

e.       Events Secretary.  The trip to Clearwell Caves has been cancelled because, although initial interest was high, people had dropped out for a variety of reasons. The Waverley cruise has 44 people but Harry would like another person to make the 45 originally booked. Sailing is quite early but food is available on board for lunch.

Harry is looking to arrange a visit later in the year, possibly Wedgwood.

f.       Speakers & Equipment Steward.  Everything OK. John M has the club projector and Harry has the reserve machine. The whereabouts of the projector that Andrew loaned the club is unknown.

g.      Meeting Steward.  No report.

h.      Room Steward.  The rota for setting is working well. Geoff said he will do 1 more year in post.

i.        Welfare Officer.  John continues to keep in touch with several members who are unwell or infirm.

j.        Walks Co-ordinator.  40 people have booked accommodation in Hay-on-Wye for the mid-week break in October. The recce party for the walk on the Wednesday will go to Hay on Monday.

The next walk is 25th July from the Royal Oak in Andoversford.

k.      Webmaster.  The cost of the website is £100 which is considered good value.

l.        Secretary.  Nothing to report.

 4. DRESS CODE

It was noted that some potential new members had been deterred by the fact the current dress code is jacket and tie. It was agreed that when the summer relaxation (Chairman’s discretion) ends, the dress code for the remainder of the year will “smart casual, jacket preferred, tie optional” and a vote will be taken at the AGM on this.

5. VENUE FOR MEETINGS

The Working Mens Club was OK but could have been better. Requests for a hearing loop and a large drop screen had been made but were rejected by the WMC. More chairs instead of tables facing the speaker would have improved the venue.

It was decided to continue with meetings in the Methodist Hall although meetings during Lent 2019 may be in the WMC. Subsequent enquiry found WMC politely declined to host the Club again.

6. DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY NOTICE

Most members have consented to continued contact from the Club under GDPR. Those that have not are either very poorly or infrequent attendees. They will still receive contact from the Club until such time as they request otherwise.

7. CORRESPONDENCE
The bookings officer for the Methodist Hall is now Linda Maggs, 15 Delavale Road, tel. 603330

8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
 The impact on our Club of the Mercia Club change to Friday meetings is not known.  Mike will try and arrange a joint event with Mercia although invitations to join our outings had not seen any take up.

 

The Duty First Aider on the rota for the last meeting was not present. Programme Secretary will in future advise the name of the Duty First Aider to the Chairman prior to meetings.

 
9. DONM
9 October 2018

At 10.30 am – venue to be arranged.

 

Approved and adopted as a true and correct record

 

 

Chairman…………………………………      Date ………..
 
 

Read more

Minutes of Committee Meeting 10th July 2017

PROBUS CLUB OF WINCHCOMBE

 

MINUTES
of a meeting of the Committee held at Royal Oak, on Monday 10th July 2017
PRESENT
John Pearson (Chairman), Stewart Aylward, Paul Clark, Geoff Cove, John Hayter, Tony Mason, Brian Parry, Harry Thierens, John Williams
APOLOGIES
Rex Butler, Andrew Cordery, Mike Hill
1. MINUTES
The minutes of the committee meeting held on 14th February 2017 were approved and signed as a true record.
  
2. MATTERS ARISING

 Item 2, re the procedure for situations during meetings when first aid may be required, John W has contacted 6 club members known to have had first aid training and they have agreed to be on a rota.
  
3. OFFICER’S REPORTS

 a.       Chairman.  John has booked Dumbleton Hall for the annual lunch on 5 January 2018. Discussion about cost, welcome drink, entertainment, and numbers.

Paul agreed to draft a questionnaire for members to complete about non-core activities of the club.

b.      Vice Chairman.  Mike is seeking agreement to the AGM in 2019 being held on 11 January instead of the usual last meeting of the month as he will be away then.

c.       Treasurer.  All subscriptions had been paid prior to the meeting.

Room hire will be increasing by £4 per meeting from September.

St George’s Day lunch attendance was much lower than in previous years but a small surplus was returned.

d.      Programme Secretary.  The 2017 programme is on the web.  2018 programme will be complete in 2-3 months. Paul noted that Good Friday in 2019 is a scheduled meeting date but it was agreed that there would not be a meeting.

e.       Events Secretary.  The trip to Fleet Air Arm, Yeovilton, on May 2nd broke even. The trip to Clearwell Caves has been postponed in favour of the Waverley trip, cost of this is £36 per head. Harry is looking for an alternative activity in or around Clevedon in case bad weather in Bristol Channel causes sailing to be cancelled. Also planning autumn trip to Batsford arboretum.

f.       Speakers & Equipment Steward.  No report.

g.      Meeting Steward.  Average attendance over last 6 months is 48.

h.      Room Steward.  Rota of volunteers to set up the room for meetings is working well.

i.        Welfare Officer.  John continues to write or send cards. He is keeping in touch with several members who have on-going problems.

j.        Walks Co-ordinator.  40 people are going on the mid-week break to Brecon. Attendance on the monthly walks has dropped to 6 club members although some of the regulars have not been fit enough.

k.      Secretary.  Nothing to report.

l.        Webmaster / Archivist.  Nothing to report.
  
4. CORRESPONDENCE
The Methodist Church has increased their room hire charge from September. There is a TV available in the room for use at no charge.
 
5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Noted that for 2018, a new Meeting Steward and a new Programme Secretary will be needed.
 

 6. DONM
10th October 2017 12.00 start and 2.00 finish.

 

Approved and adopted as a true and correct record

 

 

Chairman…………………………………      Date ………..
 

Read more

Minutes of Committee Meeting 10 July 2016

MINUTES of a meeting of the Committee held at Royal Oak, on Monday 10th July 2017

PRESENT John Pearson (Chairman), Stewart Aylward, Paul Clark, Geoff Cove, John Hayter, Tony Mason, Brian Parry, Harry Thierens, John Williams

APOLOGIES Rex Butler, Andrew Cordery, Mike Hill

1. MINUTES The minutes of the committee meeting held on 14th February 2017 were approved and signed as a true record.

2. MATTERS

ARISING

Item 2, re the procedure for situations during meetings when first aid may be required, John W has contacted 6 club members known to have had first aid training and they have agreed to be on a rota.

3. OFFICER’S

REPORTS

a. Chairman. John has booked Dumbleton Hall for the annual lunch on 5 January 2018. Discussion about cost, welcome drink, entertainment, and numbers. Paul agreed to draft a questionnaire for members to complete about non-core activities of the club.

b. Vice Chairman. Mike is seeking agreement to the AGM in 2019 being held on 11 January instead of the usual last meeting of the month as he will be away then.

c. Treasurer. All subscriptions had been paid prior to the meeting. Room hire will be increasing by £4 per meeting from September. St George’s Day lunch attendance was much lower than in previous years but a small surplus was turned.

d. Programme Secretary. The 2017 programme is on the web. 2018 programme will be complete in 2-3 months. Paul noted that Good Friday in 2019 is a scheduled meeting date but it was agreed that there would not be a meeting.

e. Events Secretary. The trip to Fleet Air Arm, Yeovilton, on May 2nd broke even. The trip to Clearwell Caves has been postponed in favour of the Waverley trip, cost of this is £36 per head. Harry is looking for an alternative activity in or around Clevedon in case bad weather in Bristol Channel causes sailing to be cancelled. Also planning autumn trip to Batsford arboretum.

f. Speakers & Equipment Steward. No report.

g. Meeting Steward. Average attendance over last 6 months is 48.

h. Room Steward. Rota of volunteers to set up the room for meetings is working well.

i. Welfare Officer. John continues to write or send cards. He is keeping in touch with several members who have on-going problems.

j. Walks Co-ordinator. 40 people are going on the mid-week break to Brecon. Attendance on the monthly walks has dropped to 6 club members although some of the regulars have not been fit enough.

k. Secretary. Nothing to report. l. Webmaster/Archivist. Nothing to report.

4.  CORRESPONDENCE

The Methodist Church has increased their room hire charge from September. There is a TV available in the room for use at no charge.

5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Noted that for 2018, a new Meeting Steward and a new Programme Secretary will be needed.

6. DONM

10th October 2017 12.00 start and 2.00 finish. Approved and adopted as a true and correct record

Chairman………………………………… Date ………..

Read more

Minutes of Committee meeting 14 February 2017

MINUTES

of a meeting of the Committee held at Royal Oak, on Tuesday 14th February 2017

PRESENT

John Pearson (Chairman), Paul Clark, Geoff Cove, John Hayter, Mike Hill, Tony Mason, Brian Parry, Harry Thierens, John Williams

APOLOGIES

Stewart Aylward, Rex Butler, Andrew Cordery

1. MINUTES

The minutes of the committee meeting held on 14th October 2016 were approved and signed as a true record.

 

 

2. MATTERS ARISING

Item 2, a draft procedure code for situations during meetings when first aid may be required was discussed and John W will contact club members known to have had first aid training.

Item 3f – a new radio mike has been bought and the question arose what to do with the old one. It was suggested that it could be useful when there is more than one speaker at a meeting.

Item 3g – Stewart had contacted three members who had attended very few meetings in 2016.

 

Action John W

3. OFFICER’S REPORTS

 

a.      Chairman.  John needs to book a venue for the annual lunch in January 2018 and in response to suggesting a return to Dumbleton Hall, dissatisfaction was expressed with the fish main course. Various alternatives venues were considered but some such may be too expensive unless they waive the room hire charge (as Dumbleton have).

Only 35 names are down for the traditional St George’s Day lunch and the future of this was discussed as previously a waiting list would have been started.

Lloyds bank closure – we will keep our account with them while John H is Treasurer.

Thanks to Mike for organising the trip to the gin palace.

 

b.     Vice Chairman.  Nothing to report.

 

c.      Treasurer.  45 subscriptions had been paid prior to the meeting.

It was agreed that the membership cap would not apply until attendance at 3 consecutive meetings was 60 or over.

 

d.     Programme Secretary.  The 2017 programme is on the web and circulated. Members are willing to give their profile but reluctant to commit to dates. Paul has said, if they can’t do the date in the programme, can they swap with another member in the programme. 2018 programme being compiled.

Paul asked for volunteers to pick up the speaker for 5 May as he doesn’t drive.

 

e.      Events Secretary.  Harry is working on a trip to Fleet Air Arm, Yeovilton, on May 2nd and a trip to Clearwell Caves in June/July. Also an autumn trip to Batsford arboretum.

He has a number of other ideas to work on as well.

 

f.      Speakers & Equipment Steward.  See matters arising above.

 

g.     Meeting Steward.  Early in the year so no report on attendance or speaker ratings.

 

h.     Room Steward.  Geoff has a rota of volunteers to set up the room for meetings.

 

i.       Welfare Officer.  John continues to write or send cards. He is keeping in touch with several members, some of whom are quite poorly. Paul asked John to keep an eye on the programme in case any member who was down for a vote of thanks was unlikely to attend and let Paul know.

 

j.       Walks Co-ordinator.  Next walk 15th February, the March walk will be on 22nd, not the 3rd Wednesday in the month.

 

k.     Secretary.  Nothing to report.

 

l.       Webmaster / Archivist.  Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4. MEMBERSHIP

Two members are not renewing their membership and another was lapsed by the committee. However, an application for membership was accepted and there are 3 prospective members.

 

 

 

5. CORRESPONDENCE

The Methodist Church has revised their safeguarding policy and users of the hall are asked sign up to it. Agreed.

 

10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

The Lent lunches are to be held in the Guide Hall as it was thought better to serve the soup through the hatch even though the kitchen is small.

 

 

11. DONM

10th July 2017 12.30 start and 2.00 finish.

 

Approved and adopted as a true and correct record

 

 

Chairman…………………………………      Date ………..

 

 

Read more

Minutes of Committee Meeting 14 October 2016

MINUTES

of a meeting of the Committee held at Royal Oak, on Friday 14th October 2016

PRESENT

Brian Eaton (Chairman), Stewart Aylward, Rex Butler, Andrew Cordery, John Hayter, Tony Mason, Brian Parry, John Pearson, John Williams

APOLOGIES

Paul Clark, Michael Dufton, Mike Hill

1. MINUTES

The minutes of the committee meeting held on 12th July 2016 were approved and signed as a true record.

 

 

2. MATTERS ARISING

Item 8f of minutes of 16th February 2016 committee meeting, a procedure code is being drawn up for situations during meetings when first aid may be required.

Item 3e – St Georges Day lunch booked for 21st April 2017 after the club meeting.

Item 3f – a new radio mike has been bought at a cost of £182. Stewart has a spare HDMI lead that he will donate.

 

 

 

3. OFFICER’S REPORTS

a.     Chairman.  Brian reported on the fun golf ‘match’ with Mercia Club followed by lunch at the Craven Arms, bowls, Seniors cycling, and the joint meeting with Ladies Probus which seemed to get a favourable response. The ukulele group did not charge but a donation was made to their charities fund which was matched by the ladies club.

b.     Vice Chairman.  Nothing to report.

c.      Treasurer.  A small loss was made on the Bletchley Park trip but the Oxford theatre trip made a surplus of £60 thanks to the History Group contributing to the cost of the coach. A small subsidy of £27 for administration expenses has been paid for the mid-week break.

The Club insurance has been renewed for another year.

Club funds stand at some £2,600 but a sizeable bill is expected for setting up the new website.

d.     Programme Secretary.  The 2017 programme is arranged until May except for one date in February.

e.      Events Secretary.  Battle proms at Radley Hall was a great evening until the wait to get out of the car park. Glenn Miller story at Oxford theatre was a great show with 80 year old Tommy Steele. Most of the 32 who went to Bletchley Park seemed to enjoy it with much improved exhibits since last time.

f.      Speakers & Equipment Steward.  New mike working well but what to do with the old one?

g.     Stewards.  Stewart reported the average attendance this year is 47 but some members have attended very few meetings and he will make gentle enquiries about future intentions. Membership will be limited to 75 subscription paying members plus Honorary Members. Noted that 2 of the current 6 Honorary Members are unlikely to attend meetings.

Speaker ratings are only made by about half meeting attendees but the majority of speakers get a mostly good rating, a few OK but one was mostly poor.

h.     Welfare Officer.  There is now a welfare page on the new website. John continues to write or send cards. He is keeping in touch with several members.

i.       Walks Co-ordinator.  Successful mid-week break, report on website. Next walk 19th October, last walk of the year in November.

j.       Secretary.  Nothing to report.

k.     Webmaster / Archivist.  Some committee members have been trained on updating the new website, date to be arranged for others. Stewart suggested having an email link on the home page for members who are having difficulty logging on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4. ANNUAL LUNCH 2017

Menu and booking form have been sent out by email (and some have already been sent back with a cheque), people not on email will be given a paper copy.

 

 

 

5. OFFICERS FOR 2017

Mike Hill is willing to stand for Vice Chairman. Events Secretary and one Steward are not standing for re-election. Nomination form to be tabled at next and subsequent meetings.

 

6. SETTING OUT CHAIRS

Historically the Chairman (as the sole Probus keyholder to the hall) arrived early and set up for the meeting. This then became the Stewards’ job but Brian P has been doing it voluntarily since becoming a Steward. Some members arrive for the meeting at 9.45 so it was suggested a Steward and a committee member arrive at 9.30 to set up for the meeting.

 

7. NAME BADGES

Brian E had received an email from a member who was unhappy that members were now being asked to look after their name badge. The committee considered four options: revert to the old system; a professional sorting box (costing £150); printing sticky labels each time; and continuing the new system. It was agreed that John P and Stewart would meet the member to discuss it.

 

8. AGM FORMAT

Some members consider it unnecessary for the AGM to take up a whole meeting. Only brief reports should be given by Officers, longer versions could be posted on the website. No time limit will be put on the AGM to allow members to raise any matters for discussion but if time permitted a couple of member profiles could be presented.

 

9. CORRESPONDENCE

Insurance renewal which has been actioned.

 

10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Alan M had presented the Chairman with a gift at his last meeting to be a raffle prize at the annual lunch. As the raffle has been discontinued, it was agreed that this should be given to Matthew Sproston, the Chairman’s guest and entertainer at the lunch.

 

 

11. DONM

TBA

 

Approved and adopted as a true and correct record

 

Chairman……John Pearson…………      Date ………..14 February 2017

 

 

Read more

Minutes of Committee Meeting 12 July 2016

MINUTES

of a meeting of the Committee held at Royal Oak, Gretton, on Tuesday 12th July 2016

PRESENT

Brian Eaton (Chairman), Stewart Aylward, Paul Clark, Andrew Cordery, Michael Dufton, Tony Mason, Brian Parry, John Pearson, John Williams

APOLOGIES

Rex Butler, John Hayter, Mike Hill

1. MINUTES

The minutes of the committee meeting held on 16th February 2016 were approved and signed as a true record.

 

2. MATTERS ARISING

Item 8f – the St John Ambulance will give a talk on first aid to the Club meeting on 23rd September.

A procedure code to be drawn up for situations during meetings when first aid may be required.

 

3. OFFICER’S REPORTS

 

a.      Chairman.  Brian thanked the committee for their support and said he intended to continue the monthly “cycling for seniors” rides up to October.

b.     Vice Chairman.  Nothing to report.

c.      Treasurer.  In the absence of John H, Tony reported 73 paid subscriptions and a healthy bank balance, though it was noted speaker fees would be higher than anticipated.

d.     Programme Secretary.  Paul noted that Mike Hill would be doing a member profile on 26 August in place of Brian S.

He was working on the 2017 programme.

Noted that voting on speaker performance was around 50% of meeting attendance and asked committee to encourage members to vote.

e.      Events Secretary.  In Mike’s absence, Brian E reported a successful trip to the pottery and brewery in April; and future events Radley Hall, Oxford theatre, and Bletchley Park.

Brian said he thought the St George’s Day lunch had been booked for 21st April 2017 but would check.

f.      Speakers & Equipment Steward.  In Rex’s absence and on his behalf, Tony sought committee approval to replace the radio mike at a cost of £120 to £150. Agreed.

It was reported that the HDMI lead for the projector is missing and Stewart will obtain a replacement.

g.     Stewards.  Attendance register to be updated.

h.     Welfare Officer.  John continues to write or send cards. He is keeping in touch with several members including Tom Hancock (who has pneumonia) and John Train.

i.       Walks Co-ordinator.  Mid-week break will be at Walton Park Hotel, Cleveden, 4th – 6th October. There is space for one couple to fill in for a couple who had to drop out.

j.       Secretary.  Nothing to report.

k.     Webmaster / Archivist.  The new website is functioning and the committee have access to try it out and comment. Noted that the option for member posts could be useful for feedback.

 

4. RELATIONS WITH MERCIA PROBUS CLUB

Brian E said he had a friendly relationship with Jim Price, Chairman of Mercia, and that relations were improving. He noted the recent invitation from Mercia to join their trip to Morgan cars and the forthcoming golf meeting.

Andrew queried whether the names of the clubs were an impediment as we had Winchcombe in ours but they didn’t. Brian said he would speak to Jim – subsequently reported that it was not.

 

5. MEMBER PROFILES  

Paul said that he was experiencing reluctance … from some members. It was noted that the membership application does not make it a requirement – the form notes that members will be invited to address the club during their period of membership. Also noted that some recent presentations have been “professional” and this may have put people off. Accepted that some people may have good reason to keep aspects of their life private and this should be respected. Option to use the “John Brooks interview” could help some but this should not be the norm.

 

6. NAME TAGS

The new badges are much better than the old ones that kept falling apart but are harder for the stewards to prepare for meetings. A stand could be obtained for around £80 but the preferred solution is for members to be responsible for their own badge.

 

7. MEMBERSHIP CAP

Current membership is almost at the agreed cap but 3 members will shortly be removing from Winchcombe. …

Applications are expected from John Forrest (guest of Stewart) and Harry Thierens (guest of Andrew).

John Williams as Welfare Officer to contact members who haven’t attended a meeting for some time – stewards to advise names.

 

8. ANNUAL LUNCH 2017

Dumbleton Hall booked for 6th January 2017 and menu agreed. Brian has invited/booked Matthew Sproston to entertain after lunch.

Ticket price agreed at £25 against a cost of £26.95 plus gratuity.

 

9. CORRESPONDENCE

None.

 

10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

John Pearson to ask present committee members whether they wish to stand for re-election at the next AGM.

 
     

 

Read more

Interested in joining the Committee?

The Committee is elected annually at the AGM in January.   Any member can stand for election (providing they are proposed by another member). The outgoing Committee usually tries to line up a slate of candidates in advance. This is not because they want to impose their own candidates, just to make sure that all positions are filled – the problem is usually finding enough members who are willing to take it on.  If you are interested in  being on the committee,whether in the coming year or in the future, please let someone know (whether a potential proposer, or a member of the Committee). The same applies if you know of a fellow member who would like to stand, but is reluctant to put himself forward.

Read more

35   Programme   (Programme items archive (in date order))

36   widgetkit id=”36″ name=”Rogues Gallery” (Full Rogues Gallery)

37   Homepage top slider ( Winchcombe photo slider on Home page)

38  widgetkit id=”38″ name=”Rogues Gallery”  (Photo slider for Rogues Gallery box on Notices page)

39   Committee members (Names and photos of Committee members members)

40   Homepage text (About Probus/Probus Club of Winchcombe)

41   widgetkit id=”41″ name=”Members’ News & Comments”   ( Titles of items on list in Sidebar B on Notices page) Same as 43

42   widgetkit id=”42″ name=”News & Comments intro” (Content of N&C page linked from Archives )

43   widgetkit id=”43″ name=”Members’ News and Comments”  ( Titles of items on list in Sidebar B on Notices page) Same as 42

44   widgetkit id=”44″ name=”Notices”   (Items appearing under “Notices”)

 

Archives